Sunday, June 12, 2011

Character Rigging

Roughly knowing the style of animation and what the character will and won't be doing I can make decisions on how to go about creating a rig to control the character. I have decided on a mixture of FK, IK or both depending on the body part.

I am using full IK for the legs with seperate controls for knee and heel adjustments. The bodys overall position and rotation is controlled by a nurbs circle with the spine, shoulders, neck and head being directly controlled through their individual joints using FK. The arms are a combination of FK and IK using a switch depending on what they need to be doing at the time. The Eyes are setup using aim constraints with blendshapes being added at a later date.

As you can see from the image I have now added basic materials and a textures to the model. I will talk about the details of this in a future post.





No comments: