Friday, February 04, 2011

Direction Workshop

All this week we have been working through the process of coming up with an idea, scripting, storyboarding to eventually producing a short film. At the start of the week everyone had to come up with an initial idea following a strict set of rules.

The rules are as follows:
The film had to be 1 minute in length.
It must feature 3 human characters.
Have a beginning a middle and an end.
Have a minimum of 7 shots and a maximum of 10 shots.
It must also have dialogue.

I found coming up with an idea quite difficult but was able to write out a script ready to pitch to the rest of the group. My idea was based round people being uncommunicative with others first thing in the morning and it is titled 'Too Early For Coffee' Click on the title to read the script.

My script was one of the two chosen to be made but I did not join the group that were to film it. Instead I was part of the group who worked on Tricia Anderson's script titled 'All Made Up' As well as Tricia who was the producer, James Bell was the director, Kaye Cao was editing and I was the director of photography setting up the lights, operating the camera and some sound recording.

Although it was a long week it went surprisingly well and we were all pleased with the final result.



If I can I will also post the other groups film as I find it quite interesting to see the differences between the original script and final film.

No comments: